Plan your wine tour
Your wine tourism experience will introduce you to world-class signature wines such as Penfolds – the home of Grange, Henschke for Hill of Grace, and you may be familiar with Jacobs Creek and Wolf Blass. Maybe chat to a second or third generation vigneron, visit boutique cellar doors, or join a hands-on experience as you bottle your own wine. You’ll taste local produce, or indulge in gourmet dining experiences in award winning restaurants which pair the freshest seasonal produce with quality wine”
Plan your South Australia wine experience with Australian Destination Management Specialist Diverse Travel Australia. If your passion is wine and food, then let Diverse Travel Australia show you the depth of quality and sophistication of all things epicurean in Adelaide and South Australia. In the business for over 20 years, our philosophy is to deliver extraordinary travel experiences that remain in your memory long after you have returned home. We are local South Australians and can tailor the ultimate experience just for you, private groups, self-drive, or corporate and incentive travel.
Day 1. Arrive Adelaide Airport
- Transfer to your 5-star boutique hotel in the city of Adelaide. Adelaide is the wine capital of Australia and is framed by white sandy beaches to the west and cool rolling hills to the east. Its inner city is characterized by elegant Victorian and Edwardian architecture, leafy boulevards, charming cafes and a superb inner-city market showcasing the finest food and produce of the State.
- Afternoon Tour and Degustation Dining Experience. Nestled in the foothills of Adelaide and only 15 minutes from the CBD, Penfolds Magill Estate is the original home of Penfolds wines and Australia’s most prized wine, the famous Grange. Join the wine education team this afternoon for a private tasting of Penfolds’ famous labels and tour the vineyard where the Grange story started.
- Following your wine tasting, enjoy a 4 or 5 course degustation menu at one of Adelaide’s premier restaurants. Stunning views, contemporary food, and exemplary service are complemented by a cellar boasting the finest collection of wines to complete one of Australia’s finest food and wine experiences. Wine matching optional.
- After dinner, private transfer back to your hotel, The Mayfair, a beautiful heritage-listed ‘Romanesque’ style building. The hotel exudes elegance and glamour, with well-appointed rooms and suites.
- Overnight: The Mayfair Hotel – 2 nights
Day 2. MCLAREN VALE WINE REGION
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Today you head south to McLaren Vale, a short 40-minute drive from Adelaide. Best known for Shiraz, McLaren Vale also excels in premium Grenache and Cabernet, and such Mediterranean varieties as Fiano, Vermentino, Tempranillo and Sangiovese.
- There are over 80 cellar doors in McLaren Vale. For a fully tailored experience, we will be guided by the types of wine varieties and food you enjoy when planning your day. You have the full attention of your personal wine guide. A leisurely lunch of regional food and wine will be provided at one of the region’s restaurants.
- At the end of your day you will be returned to your hotel to freshen up for dinner at Hill of Grace Restaurant. This iconic restaurant pairs seasonal South Australian produce with a wine list that features more than 160 premium South Australian wines, headlined by the restaurant’s namesake, Hill of Grace by Henschke.
Day 3. BAROSSA VALLEY
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Depart for the Barossa today, home to some of the oldest shiraz vines in the world, and notable wineries such as Seppeltsfield, Penfolds, and Henschke, to name just a few of the more than 150 wineries in the region. Taste international award-winning Rieslings, full-bodied Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon to 100 year old fortifieds. Discover old varieties and innovative new fine wine styles in the Barossa Valley.
- For a fully tailored experience, we will be guided by the types of wine varieties and food you enjoy when planning your day. You have the full attention of your personal wine guide. A leisurely lunch of regional food and wine will be provided at one of the region’s restaurants.
- Option: Become a master winemaker for the day with an experience especially designed for the discerning wine-lover. Try your hand at making your own blend of Grenache, Shiraz, and Mourvedre like Penfolds’ own Bin 138. The wine is then presented to take home in a personalised bottle.
- After your private tour, arrive at your boutique luxury accommodation The Louise in the heart of the Barossa Valley. This immaculate rural property offers one of the finest views in the Barossa Valley, plus 15 beautifully appointed suites and one of the region’s highly acclaimed dining experiences, Appellation.
- Dine in house tonight at Appellation.
- Overnight: Barossa Valley – The Louise – 1 night
Day 4. BAROSSA TO ADELAIDE
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Private transfer to Adelaide to meet your international flight or overnight in Adelaide.
- You may wish to add a Kangaroo Island Day tour by air. Just a 30-minute flight from Adelaide is Kangaroo Island, an island of rugged natural beauty and a sanctuary for wildlife, such as kangaroos, koalas, Australian sea lions, New Zealand fur seals, penguin colonies, diverse bird species and even whales during winter. Over 30% of the Island is National Park or Conservation Park.